How should a personal file be prepared for confirmation of service?
First, all the requirements of the file should be completed by the Zonal Education Office. Then it should be forwarded to the Provincial Education Department along with probation reports and duly completed M/E 1, PSC 1 forms. The file will be examined at the Provincial Education Department and forwarded to the secretary, Chief Ministry with necessary recommendations.
What documents are required for leave out of the Island?
1. 5 copies of General 126 form
2. 5 copies of Annex A
3. 5 copies of the letter of request by the officer concerned
4. 5 copies of National Identity Card
5. 5 copies of the passport
6. Agreement ( If the tour is larger than 30 days) Appendix 10 (If the service is not confirmed) Bond (Appendix 15)
7. 5 copies of the letter giving details about the covering arrangement
8. 5 copies of calling letter or selection letter for the study purpose
9. 5 copies of the recommendation by the head of the Department (In keeping with Establishment code xii, Appendix 16:2)
How is an external applicant for GCE Advanced Level examination registered?
Students who are below 21 years and possess the school leaving certificate are registered at the Provincial Education Department if they apply for the GCE Advanced Level examination for the first time. In addition, students who are changing their subjects are also registered at the Provincial Education Department.
How should one set about applying for an inter-provincial transfer?
Teachers who have completed the period of compulsory service in the province according to the letter of appointment may apply for the inter-provincial transfer. They must submit their application in 4 copies with the recommendation of the Provincial and the Zonal Director of Education. The following Documents also must be submitted.
1. 4 certified copies of the letter of appointments.
2. 4 certified copies of the letter of confirmation of service.
3. A letter to the effect that there are no disciplinary inquiries or audit queries against the applicant.